Earlier this year, I made a post on social media asking for women to share “WHY they run” for a blog series. Hopeful, I was expecting maybe 2 or 3 women. Then I was blown away with the response and the vulnerability that these ladies shared in their blog posts.
Some of these women I have know for many years, others I have only met on Instagram or Facebook or through mutual friends. Regardless I loved that they’ve lefts their stories here for the 3MileMom community to read over and over again. Through heartache, anxiety, miscarriage, death and yet finding peace and joy, and Disney and perseverance, kids, and getting PRs and winning, its been so amazing to watch their stories unfold about why they run.
If you missed one, or want to read a few more here’s the recap!
- Why I torture myself with running and will never quit – Andrea Berry
- Why I Run – My journey into triathlons – Rachael Bosch
- For sanity sake! – Brecka Erickson Estes
- 3 Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started Running –Christina Reville
- RunDisney & Run-Walk-Run Method – Audrey Kobsar
- Community is Why I Run – Page Kagafas
- My Running Journey – Danielle Pickut
- Taking Time for ME: Running Postpartum – Ashley Gamba
- How I started Running – Winnie Storer
- I AM A RUNNER – Amy Kolbe
- My Running Journey After Having Children – Bethany Early
- Kids & Running – Sharon Evans
- Confessions of a Couch Potato Mom of 3 – Brooker Kirchner
Have a story or want to share your journey? Send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or a note via Facebook (3milemom). Would love to share your story of why you run to encourage other women.